Primary Care Service
To keep a healthy lifestyle, you and your family members should see a doctor at least once a year, not just when you're sick. Your primary care team at University Health works to get to know you as a whole person. We consider your medical history and medical needs. Together, we create a plan so you can maintain your health and well being.
A wellness visit is like a snapshot of how healthy you are right now. With that picture, our primary care staff works with you to create a road map of future care. Wellness visits can include:
- Updating your list of medicines
- Questions about your health risks
- A review of your family and medical history
- Checking your blood pressure, weight, height, and taking your temperature
- Looking for signs of depression, anxiety, stress, or memory loss
- A physical exam often lasts longer than a wellness visit and may include blood work. The primary care team will usually look at your:
- We might test your reflexes, and listen to your heart and lungs and may look for unusual bumps or lumps.